I just got back from a wild and crazy moving day with a few friends. These friends have literally moved me from every apartment I've ever lived in and let me sleep on their couch in the in between times so I returned the favor this time. It was one of days that reminds me why these are my people--moving was not exactly smooth, some plants and a bookcase didn't make it out alive but it was more fun than it was stress...but mostly it was just hot....and they bought me food and cake afterwards which could have also improved my mood.
My July has felt less productive than I would have liked. I feel like this one scene is taking me forever (because it is!) but I should be able to finish it before I leave on a mini-vacation at least start the tie down on a second scene--that leaves me about one and a half scenes behind. However, looking back through my journal notes from the last year I think what tends to happen is my summer months move a little slower in progress (but maybe with more consistent results?) as I am processing my critiques and gearing up mentally and physically for the next semester and then I dive into the semester like a crazy person and try to come out a live!
Here's a recap of July progress on this thesis film -thing...
- One scene cleaned up
- 2nd largest scene tied down with issues addressed
- all scenes in rough (except the intro that was corrupted on an old HD)
- One background color corrections completed
The Less good:
- Scenes are taking longer than I anticipate to tie down (especially when there is a horse)
- Did not meet pre-vacation goals
- still trying to shake post-semester burn out
- A little worried I'm moving through my tie down too fast
- Worried about maintaining exercise & a normal-ish bedtime for next semester ....or if I even care...?
I think that my August will go better and I'll actually come back feeling refreshed from my vacation and ready to pour all of my efforts into finishing my thesis and come out at the end one tired but happy heap of an animator and then FINALLY be able to focus on updating and maintaining my website/blog/etc.