September is coming to a close and I definitely feel like I'm racing towards the finish line for my thesis (count down to 90 seconds of full color animation has begun!) September feels like its been a pretty productive and successful month, but I am definitely feeling the rush and panic of being in the semester again. Even though summer has almost the exact same schedule as fall (animation every weeknight and then marathon work sessions Wednesday and Saturday) the summer still feels more relaxed. This week low motivation and burn out were definitely on my mind enough tough I feel like I've only bee working for three weeks (but really its been an intense schedule since I got back from my Pittsburgh trip.
Here are some highlights from August and September
- Weekends Short Film warped (I helped out in coloring the animation and some very simple compositing for this film back in July--it was an awesome experience! & I am also credited on the website...and the film too!)
- Completed tie-down of 3 scenes (minus a few edits I'm still working on)--Including a HORSE!
- Read "Steal Like an Artist" which was an awesome confidence boost about sharing art work and helped me start thinking about how to be more professional about my work
- Completed tie down on horse run cycle & made major improvements
- Progress on two backgrounds
- Re-analyzed my shots & strategized about what's best to finish before reviewing this semester
- Made schedule for when the review/presentation materials will be completed this semester
- Found time management schedule that *mostly* works for me
- Listened to two awesome podcasts about young women creating their own careers & navigating life that really got me thinking (Millennial & Real Talk with Rachel Antionnette)